Sunday, June 12, 2011

March 14, 2011

Hello,
This week was kinda crazy really fast. The time keeps on speeding up and it gets tough at times with all that is going on and trying to adjust to 2 different wards that meet at the same time. Right now we are working. . . but not hard enough. It is hard with 2 comps that are complete opposites. I think that Elder Yim and I were getting along too well and working too hard and the mission was becoming so fun and serving others that the Lord or president decided to put me in a 3 some. haha It is completely different in all forms of missionary work you have to teach balance 3 different people and contacting and traveling in 3 is a lot more noticeable. Sometimes I get frustrated with it all but I know that I am in this position for a reason and really have to focus on prayer and asking the lord for help.
This week was kind of a tough week. We had some good lessons scheduled that all of them fell through. So we ended up calling Jim who I taught in my first transfer and he hadn't seen missionaries or members from the church in like 4 months because he has a bad back and he lost everything that we had done and how far he came when we were meeting with him. Also we met with Ralph again this week and he went crazy too because he has no friends. Missionaries are his only friends and he doesn't talk to anyone except us. Missionaries before didn't meet with him.
It is weird because we meet all of these different people and they all are great people that have different mental disabilities and so when they talk to people they sound crazy. It is sad to see at how many people judge them and avoid them because of the way that they are. For me so far of all of the people that I have talked to that seem a little crazy it is because they have been missing one factor in their life and that is love. They never had anyone that loved them. And I can go and talk to some of these people and just by asking them questions about them, about their life about their hobbies and how they feel you can really realize that they are real people and that they are loved by Heavenly Father. In Mosiah 18 it talks about the covenant of baptism and it tells how we are supposed to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those in need. Well there are a lot of people all over the world who are in need and that is why if everyone was unified then the world would be a better place.
The members we have are great and our wards are just awesome. It will be a hard but really fast transfer that will go by quick. I just need to make sure to make the most of it. Well so far I think that this week was a tough one mostly of just readjusting to different things and what not and that this coming week it will get better and be more satisfying.
It isn't raining too much here. I think it is supposed to this week though. The weather is getting nicer and nicer but not quite warm yet. I can't wait for it to be warm then everyone will know we are Mormons in our short sleeve white shirts and ties and people will know who we are. The warm weather is a lot more fun to prosylete in and to find then in the cold. I almost feel bad trying to stop people in the freezing cold wind here.
So one cool thing happened this week that was one of the members in the Charles River Ward her name is Anni Li from Taiwan- - - she fed us and she made an all out meal that was so awesome and then we had a couple nonmembers there that we could share our testimonies with and that is always fun to do. This week wasn't super exciting but I learned a lot and have strengthened my testimony.
As for that mostly everything is still the same. Our investigators aren't progressing as I would like and we aren't finding too many people to teach but the good thing is that we have people to teach that are willing to try what we have and we can invite them and do the best we know how.
I am super excited for Mckay he is such a stud and also for Bryson. A lot of my friends have been asking me for his email or address, but I don't have it and they are all praying for him and worried about him. But we know everything with him will be okay. Sorry my Emails are getting shorter. I will try to get some better stories this week :) Well, I love you so much mom and thank you for everything that you do for me you are an amazing person. Tell Dad and the rest of the family Hi for me and that I love them too.

Much love Elder Beau Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment