Sunday, June 12, 2011

May 2, 2011

Hi,
So I just got a email from dad saying he wasn't going to give in and buy another car. haha. A truck that is sweet. It will work for hauling Bryson around a lot better! And they won? They have some good talent but only with teamwork will they do anything good. Isn't it awesome to be a leader. As a district leader my favorite part is being able to pray about the missionaries in my district individually and to ask Heavenly father how I can help them. And then to assign meetings and trainings to help them. I know that you are already awesome at that. It is funny how many times we have a problem and realize that we aren't doing what has already been given to us in the scriptures and by the prophets such as we hand books and general conference talks. I'm sure you are a great young womens leader.
Well the weather here is awesome it took like two days and all the trees bloomed and we haven't worn our jackets all week. It is almost too hot though with all the humidity. But way better than wearing suits everywhere. Now everyone knows that we are Mormons haha because of the white shirt and tie. Elder Foust and I have been having a blast. I kinda feel I have to do everything but he has come a long way and he teaches me a lot. For easter he bought everyone in our apartment easter baskets and he made me dinner the other night. Sometimes you have to let people serve you and then they feel better about life. Yesterday the sisters from LP1 ward had a baptism so I volunteered us to fill the fount for them and we woke up at 430 to get to the church by 6 it was a long day. I don't really remember a lot that happened this week it all went by so fast. I'll tell you what I remember though.
Okay I can only rememeber from Saturday and on Saturday Elder Koerper and I went on tours and it was so much fun. I was in a car area and it was so easy. I told him afterwards that car areas isn't real missionary work haha. Being in the city and having people constantly around you to talk to is fun but stressful. I have a hard time when I don't talk to everyone and beat myself up for it. Our ward is starting to all go home and that is sad because then we won't have dinner appointments or anything and it will be back to street contacting all day. Yesterday we had like half as many people than usual at church. But we are going to be at the bishops this Saturday to help him with some remodeling the bishops wife came and talked to us and it was cool because she was like we need to get this work done and bishop is so busy so we told her we would love to help.
That is all I can really remember... I will tell you a cool experience that we had last night though it was a great night. Last night Jian our chinese investigator told us that he wanted to make us some authentic chinese food. So we went to his house and he was cooking for us and he invited his friend who is here for a study exchange and is a professor at the #2 school in China and doing some research here. We talked with him and had a great time at dinner which was way fun. Then afterwards Jian asked us if we could teach his friend Yang about the Mormon church and the Mormon Bible. So we started to teach him about Heavenly Father and prayer. He had amazing questions and knew god was there so that was way cool. Then when we were talking about prayer Jian started to teach him and it was so funny he started asking the same questions that we ask him when we met with him. Like how do you feel when you pray and different things. It was like a little kid but super awesome then we had both Jian say a closing prayer and then his friend and it was an awesome prayer. Then after the prayer we gave him a Book of Mormon and I told him that it would help him come closer to god and he loved it. After I shared my testimony, He told me I know by the look in your eyes that what your saying is true. He said he wanted to come to church and I hope he does but he was a great guy and in tune with the spirit. It is a lot of fun meeting new people and there are miracles everyday I wish I could tell you them. They aren't huge but they are there.
Well Happy Mothers Day this next Sunday and I will call you on Saturday night to set up a time we can call on Sunday. Your awesome mom and dad is as well. All my family is the best. I hope that you have a great week and i pray for you as well trust in the lord and everything will be fine. Thank you for everything that you do for me.
Love Beau :)

No comments:

Post a Comment