Sunday, June 12, 2011

April 14, 2011

Hello,
So Roxanne didn't get baptized this past Sunday but she is going to get baptized this next week on Saturday. I am really excited for her choice. We waited another week so we didn't have to cram all the lessons in so fast. I get worried baptizing people so fast sometimes because they aren't completely ready and then they fall away. Roxanne though is ready and has been she is super awesome and i am priviledged to be able to teach her and help her. So this Saturday and I am excited.
This past week we had some interesting times. I have decided that I want to learn more about other religions so Elder Foust and I went to some different religions. We went to an Islam 101 class and learned a little about what they believed and also we went to a bible study at a guys house who likes to bible bash with us and listened to his opinions and sang christian songs with him. It was fun and a good learning experience.
Elder Foust is the man. He is such a stud and has come a long way since the MTC. He still has some work to do but who doesn't?. So we are just working and seeing what we can do to improve daily. He has been waking up on time lately which is awesome and he is going to start running with me in the mornings. I can't wait to have a companion that will actually go outside wtih me and work out. It is ten times better to work out outside rather than in our small dinky apartment.
Yesterday was pday and also patriots day. So we woke up at 3AM and went to the reenactment of the battle of Lexington it was super cool. Well kinda cool. It was more out of tradition I guess all the missionaries always go. And it was worth the experience. Also there were missionaries from all over the mission there which was sweet. I saw some of my buddies from the MTC. Then we went to the temple and it was a great experience as well. After that I was so tired that I went to sleep for 3 hours and Elder Foust crashed as well so we didn't make it to the Boston Marathon. That is okay with me though because I would rather be rested for the week than to be exhausted and not work as hard.
After Pday we went to Bishop Maitlands house to eat and his wife is an amazing cook. All of it is New England style too. We had new england style strawberry shortcake and shrimp and chicken and potatoes and corn and salad. Just a huge meal. Bishop and his wife are amazing people. I love being able to go over there and to talk with them about their experiences in life. Just awesome. We have developed a good relationship with them and are probably going to help them tear down some walls in their house so they can remodel. It will be fun.
I am really focusing on trying to get to know members better and develop friendships it is the best thing we can do. We have tons of nonmembers at church but they are scared to ask their friends to meet us. It is a step that needs to happen though.
Well we are trying... I sometimes wish I had someone that would motivate me more and help me do missionary work but I know thatI am here for a reason and that Elder Foust is my comp for a reason so I will help him the best I can. I never feel adequate for the job. We also had interviews with president and he is so loving and amazing he just complimented me and said I know what your going through just endure it and everything will be fine. I can do more than endure though.

I love you mom your the greatest. and I testify to you that the lord helps us as long as we are willing to give away our sins and to follow him a little bit better everyday he will help us. Prayer is real and it takes a lot of work to really receive answers sometimes but he does answer and he does love us. I realize how much that you have done for me mom and dad and I can never thank you enough your the greatest. Take care and have a wonderful weeek.
Love Elder Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment