Saturday, February 5, 2011

January 24, 2011

It is good to hear about everyone and it seems like they are all doing well. It is absolutely freezing here. I guess that today and yesterday were the coldest days they have had in years. It is 0 degrees with a wind chill making it feel like 25 below 0. or something we only hear the rumors on weather. There is a frostbite warning to not stay out too much today either. But the coat keeps me plenty warm and we are always walking so we stay warm enough.
This week was good we are still working like crazy but we only had one investigator at church. It is hard with all these foreign students because they are here for only one year and they are locked in labs from like 8 in the morning till 9 at night it seems like they want to make the most of their time in the labs studying. They make time to meet with us though which is good. We have so much to do and different things that I feel like I barely have time to think. I am learning how to be more organized though which is good. I definitely needed to learn that. Also we had interviews with President this week and they went really well. President is the nicest guy ever! He just is so humble and when you ask him a question he gives the best responses. It is a priviledge to meet him and serve with him.
Everyday though still I see miracles and think I am learning how to be a better missionary slowly but surely. It is funny because right as I feel like I am getting the hang of something out here I get a new companion or have to cover a different ward and I learn that I know nothing. But it is great how much courage I have to talk to people on the street now. I used to have some fear but now I try to talk to everyone. It is exhausting though trying to talk to everyone I really have to make sure to spiritually prep myself and sometimes I don't do the best. I know I could've but I try to improve everyday and have to repent a lot. I think that serving in Boston is the best place for me to serve where I can learn so much. Being in the city for 6 months is quite the challenge though because it takes so much effort and you always have to be on your toes to be ready to talk with the next person. I am trying to keep my enthusiasm up and make it grow rather than ever to let it die down.
One really really cool thing that happened this week was that Jessica was finally baptized! She was an investigator in my first ward that was investigating for 2 years. I forgot my camera but wanted to send a picture. It was great all baptisms are so awesome I love them all they are great spiritual experiences.
Well I am doing great and I think that if you sent banana bread that would be wonderful:) Or any of your cookies. But you don't have to send anything I don't need anything. Well I love you. Thanks for your love and support. Take care and talk to you soon.
Love
Elder Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment