Sunday, March 13, 2011

February 28, 2011

Hi Mom and Family,
IT sounds like you are staying busy and working hard like always. So I think I got your email finally and that is cool. It seems like you guys are doing a lot of cool things. It made me laugh to hear about Bryson unlocking iphones he is so smart. I am glad that he is doing better. I pray for him every night. I did get your package and it rocked. I gave half the food to my companion and I kept the banana bread for myself. haha It was greedy of me but I had to do it.
Did Provo not make it to state this year? That is a shame!! Well they will do better next year. And I hear about BYU all the time from members. I have one member that starts talking about BYU for like 20 minutes to me after church. He always finds me and tells me how Brandon and Kyle are doing it is funny. From what he says they both seem to be doing very well. And I am not offended by that facebook post. It was funny. I don't think we get rejected really but more people aren't yet ready or in the right position to receive the gospel. We just can be the first step to helping them to receive the gospel.
This week has been hard for me. We have like 5 investigators and none of them showed up to church and none seem to be progressing. It is hard for me sometimes because I try so hard and feel like I am not doing a good enough job. Even though it isn't me that is teaching or should be teaching but rather the spirit, I still think that it is my fault. I am trying to do different things. Mostly I need to get my investigators to read from the Book of Mormon daily. If people do that then they can gain their own testimony. I know that the atonement will make up for my imperfections though so I am not too worried but will just work harder.
And yes I am district leader but it isn't anything different than being a normal missionary so it is good. I just have to make sure that everything that I say and do is in line with the missionary rules so that people can follow and know that I am here to serve our Heavenly Father. I have a lot of awesome missionaries in my district too. They all have been out longer than me except Elder Yim.
Elder Yim is awesome he is such a stud. I learn so much from him and we are getting along really well now. I had a problem the first half of my misison where I would judge my companions on every mistake or rule they broke, but now I have realized that ever missionary out here has their own problems and they all want to do their best and it is our job to get along no matter what so we can have the spirit with us at all times. but Elder Yim doesn't break a single rule he is super awesome and we have a lot of fun together.
So I was hoping for the spring time but yesterday it snowed like 6 inches and today it is raining on the snow. I am ready for the warm weather already! IT is driving me crazy all this cold and going out in the rain and getting soaked.
I love our ward they are so great and willing to do anything that we ask from them. When we have people at church they are fellowshipped extremely well and I have made a lot of friends in the ward that we can talk and discuss the work. I just realized the other day at how many different people I have met by serving in 3 different singles wards it is crazy! A lot of good examples for me on how to be active and part of the church.
Well that is all that really happened this week. My emails are getting boring so pray that something sweet will happen for me like a sweet person that wants to be baptized or something. haha. I will try to do better to send more of what is happening. and also I made a goal to write a letter to at least one person in the family every week on p-day. So I think I will write Bryson today. Also we had an Apostle Elder Christofferson and Elder Costa and Bishop Burton come out and talk to us this weekend it was so sweet they are so awesome and very funny. I was scared they were going to tell us that we didn't have enough faith to baptize people. They were extremely supportive and very loving and encouraging which was good for me. It was a priviledge to shake hands and hear their testimonies.
Well I love you guys and keep being so awesome. Thank you so much mom love you and take care! Have a wonderful week and I will email next week.
Love Elder Beau Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment