Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 1, 2010

Hi Mother,
Mom that is great that everything seems to be going so well. That is too bad about football for Bryson but they will get better. And also it is cool he can concentrate on a real sport. Also that is so sweet that you are in the Stake Young Women's presidency. You will do so amazing at it. It is truly a blessing that you have that calling. The more you sacrifice to the lord it will remind you at how temporal this life is. And how to find true happiness.
So this week was very long. We had one lesson on Monday night and that was dumb because the person we taught wasn't very interested and didn't listen much. But it is okay we gave him a chance. Nothing really probably will come of it. So many people want to learn about the gospel because they see the difference that it makes in the people that are members so they try to learn about it with no intentions to convert so they will never know why people of our church are different. Anyways the rest of the week was extremely long we had only one dinner appointment. And the rest of our time was spent on the street trying to contact people. I probably talk to close to 1000 people a day and nobody seems interested. It is very hard and long days. Sometime I feel like I am not even on the earth. That is okay though because right now I am trying to just forget myself I think that will be the best thing for me to do. It is so hard though to forget everything about myself. I do not know how the Savior did it. But I work hard and sometimes I am not the best I can be. But I am trying to do the best I can do.
Anyways I don't have too much to say today about this week. I will share the highlights. On Thursday night we had dinner in the Copley plaza with a member that was way sweet. It is a park right in between the Boston Public Library and some huge church. In the Park there is some stairs and a fountain. A bunch of skateboarders are always there and they are way good at boarding. There are just thousands of people walking by it is pretty cool to see. We just ate sandwiches but it was fun because we got to teach a lesson to a member. Friday and Saturday were the longest days of my life we had nothing planned except district meeting so we contacted all day long both days.
Yesterday on the other hand was the best day of my mission so far. First we had stake conference which was sweet. One of the Presiding Bishops for the first presidency was there and he came up and shook our hands and talked with us for a while. He was so nice and an extremely awesome speaker. Also President Evans spoke at the meeting too. President is an amazing guy he is just so full of love towards everyone all the time.
Then the second part of the day that was even better was that we had a baptism. We didn't really teach the guy too much his name is Daniel. But we taught him a couple of times and were incharge of organizing everything for the baptism. Daniel is a way cool dude. He is 25 and into singing. His baptism was amazing the spirit he brought. He brought some nonmember friends that were way cool and for the special musical number he had his voice coach sing a song. It was a great thing having a non-member be a part of such a great atmosphere. Hopefully we can teach him. He was extrememly nice. Since it was Halloween we were supposed to be in at 6 but the baptism was at 5 and then they were having people over for dinner at one of the members house to celebrate Daniel's baptism. So we got to go to that. And we could stay longer. That was way fun just sitting and talking to people for a while.
Anyway that is all that my week consisted of. It was a hard long week. But I know that as I forget myself and do Heavenly Father will I won't regret anything. Also I am trying to learn how to rely on him more than myself, because I realize that me myself, I am nothing. I cannot convert anyone unless I say what the spirit tells me to say. Anyways I guess that there is a viral infection going on to some missionaries so keep in your prayers that they will get better and that we won't get it either.
I love you guys very much. Tell dad that I love him and I want to say thanks to you mom for everything. I have the most amazing family and I know that everything will go well if you trust in the lord. Keep striving to be examples of Jesus Christ.
Much Love
Elder Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment